Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe with TR3X6G1600C9 unstable!

mav3rick

Hi,

I've bought a Asus P6T deluxe today in combination with a 3x2GB module kit (TR3X6G1600C9) and an XFX GTX295 videocard. I'm running a fresh Vista x64 install.

When the memory runs at 1600Mhz (133 FSB x 12.0), it is very unstable. It will crash even when just webbrowsing. When I clock it down to 1066MHz (133 FSB x 8.0) it becomes a little more stable, but when a 3D app (World of Warcraft in this case) is launched, it's only a matter of minutes before it crashes.

I've already tried swapping the videocard for another known to be working one, but that didn't help. I've also played with the DRAM bus voltages (1.66V) but no dice.

The strange thing is tho, that Memtest86 can't find any problems.

For some strange reason the POST screen also shows 8MB less than the expected memory. If I install 1 DIMM it will say that 2040MB is installed, not 2048. if I install 3 it says 6136 instead of 6144.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try the settings here (with the appropriate changes for the timing differences of course):

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76698

Hi Wired,

Thanks for your reaction. I've already tried these settings, sadly without any result. What I did manage to find out though is that Memtest86 won't report any errors with just 1 DIMM installed, but it will almost instantly crash with any combination of 2 DIMMs installed. Would this point to anything?

Thanks!

Thanks, I was kind of thinking into that direction as well :(

Guess I'll go back to the store for a swap. It's like a 95% chance it's the motherboard right? (instead of the CPU). I've never had a CPU quirk on me like that

Archived