Corsair Community

EVGA 780i and CM2X1024-6400C4D Settings?

John5788

I bought the EVGA 780i SLI FTW board along with the Corsair Dominator ram CM2X1024-6400C4D back in december and left the default bios settings until a few weeks ago when the system would not boot and threw a C1 error code.

I looked online for the C1 code and found out that I needed to set the right settings in the BIOS. After changing the default settings from 5-5-5-18 @ 1.9V to 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V, the system booted up perfectly and I ran it for about a month straight without powering it off.

Today I powered it off, and when I powered it back on later, the system gave me another C1 code. I took 1 DIMM out and the system booted up fine. I swapped the DIMM with the other one, and it would not boot, but it did not give me a C1 or beep code. It just never posts and the diagnostic code was 0D which tells me nothing.

So right now I am running on 1 DIMM, 1024MB, the other DIMM is sitting on my desk and wont power the machine on (is it dead?) I'm not sure what to do anymore, are there more settings that are incorrectly set which I should take a look at?

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

Download CPU-z from--->

Insert a single stick in the Slot 1 (Closest to the CPU) and enter your BIOS. Load Setup Defaults. Save Setup Defaults and set to these values:

Advanced BIOS Features

System Clocks

CPU Freq. MHz = 2.40Ghz
CPU Muliplier = 9
PCIe x16, MHz = 100
SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, MHz = 200

nForce SPP --> nForce MCP = 5x
nForce SPP <-- nForce MCP = 5x

FSB & Memory Config

SLI-Ready Memory = Disable
FSB -  Memory Clock Mode = unLinked
FSB (QDR), MHz = 1066Mhz
MEM (DDR), MHz = 800Mhz

Memory Timing Section

Memory Timing Section = Expert
tCL = 5
tRCD =  5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock = 2T

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD = Auto
tRC = Auto
tWR = Auto
tREF = Auto

CPU Configuration

Limit CPUID MaxVal = Disabled
Intel Speedstep = Disabled
CPU Thermal Control = Enabled
C1E Enhanced Halt State = Disabled
Execute Disabled Bit = Enabled
Virtualization Technology = Enabled

System Voltages

CPU Core = Auto
Memory Voltage = 1.9v
CPU FSB = Auto 	
nForce MCP = 1.30v	
HT nForce SPP <-> MCP = Auto

After setting to these values, save them and boot to the Memtest version 2.11 ISO. Allow for two full passes. Remove that stick and insert the second one into slot 4 and retest. Finally, insert a stick in slot 1 and slot 4 and retest and if stable, enter Windows. Run CPU-z. Post the CPU, SPD and Memory tabs.

Results?

Did you test in the same slot that the working one was in? If so, yes, it would seem that you need to process and RMA. If not, then test them both singly in the same slot.

ok I just tried those settings and the system won't boot with the other DIMM still. should we conclude that the DIMM is bad?

yes I tested them both in the same slot as the working one (the first one, closest to CPU) and the other DIMM does not boot. it gives me a 0D error instead of a C1 though.

how does the RMA process work? would I have to send both DIMMs in to be replaced? or would they send me the new DIMMs first and I ship the bad pair back?

or would corsair just send me one dimm for the bad one?

can I even RMA if i redeemed the rebate on it? I bought the deal on newegg.com and it had a rebate attached to it.

Yes, you can RMA even if you have had a rebate. You send the memory in and they send new memory back. They need both because they have to send you a matched pair back.

yes I tested them both in the same slot as the working one (the first one, closest to CPU) and the other DIMM does not boot. it gives me a 0D error instead of a C1 though.

how does the RMA process work? would I have to send both DIMMs in to be replaced? or would they send me the new DIMMs first and I ship the bad pair back?

or would corsair just send me one dimm for the bad one?

can I even RMA if i redeemed the rebate on it? I bought the deal on newegg.com and it had a rebate attached to it.

Archived