Corsair Community

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select Memory

Rod

Hello, I have a ChainTech ZNF3-150 MB and 2 Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select Memory (1 GB total). SomeTimes the system works fine, other times it locks up. After lock up and on reboot i get a POST error telling me to reseat the memory. If I load failsafe default bios settings the system will boot after a restart. What memory settings should I be using? I just downloaded Memtest86 and am going to give it a try. Thanks Rod Update: Ran Memtest86 for an hour (2.75 passes) without any errors.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then use slots 1-3 and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. If you continue to have problems, I would test the modules on another system if possible!

I was already using DIMM slots 1 and 3. Upping the voltage to 2.7V did not help. I am now testing using 166Mhx for the DIMM clk using Cass 2.5-3-3-8. I hope this is not the solution as these DIMMS are supposed to be "DDR400 PC3200". This MOBO is using the latest BIOS (12/19/2003) and is supposed to be top rated according to most review sites.

Archived