Corsair Community

problem

jwo

Hi here, just suscribed on this forum.

Have an Asus P5E3 with qcore9550 and 4G corsair ddr3, running on Linux 64bit.

I can only fit 3G ram, 4 G freezes immediate. But with 3G it freezes too once and a while.

Thinking to bios flash the mobo for a linux OS bios. But in the shop they say the guarantee of the hardware is then in danger.

Swapped rams a lot, it seems they dont work nice together. Lowered ram speed to 887Mhz, and chose a more stable hardware setting in bios settings. Still lot of freezes. Swapped the rams again in different orders, but only can fit 3G

The machine did this also with Vista, the pc shop tried it before i took it home.

What to do? Thanks!

• 4 months later...

A read the code from the removed ram:

CM3X1G1600C9DHX

I can only use 3 rams, only in a particular order, and until 850Mhz or so. Raised Voltage from ram a little to about 1.55V. Now with the 3 DDR's it is stable, but want use still 4 gigs and on around 1330 Mhz. I bought a fast machine and want to use the power and features.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived