Corsair Community

TX-750 fan noise

phawkins633

Received a new TX-750 yesterday and was really excited, until I installed it and powered up. The "silent" fan wasn't. It isn't spinning fast, so there isn't a major load on it (as you can see from my system specs I'm pretty sure I'm not putting any major stress on the unit), but there is an audible buzzing coming from the fan itself (ran PS outside of case, stopped the fan with my finger, and the buzzing stopped. Kinda low tech I know, but it isolated the noise) Is there anything else I can try? And if I need to RMA it, do I go through Newegg or you guys?? thanx

PS...Kinda sounds like a little tiny electric razor...:sigh!:

• Corsair Employees
I would try loosening the 4 fan screws on the bottom of the unit about a 1/4 turn and see if the noise gets any quieter. If the noise remains and is loud enough to be bothersome then lets get the unit replaced! You can go through us directly or Newegg, its up to you. If you decide to have it replaced by us, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Funny, I have the exact same thing here. I was just testing my brand new 750TX to make sure it was OK, and man, that thing is super loud! Note that I have not hooked it up to my system yet...I just jumpered the ATX connector. I tried hooking up just my case fans (3x 230mm & 1 140mm) and you can hear the 750TX way above the case fans. I would call this noise right between a little electric razer and a really little diesel engine.

By the fan screws, do you mean the fan grill screws? I loosened these...didn't make a bit of difference.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to RMA this one.

Thanks!

infowarrior45

• Corsair Employees

I would hook it up to the system and see if the noise is audible over the rest of the fans in the system. If the noise is loud enough to be bothersome, then lets get it replaced!

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived