Corsair Community

brand new TR3X6G1866C7GTF's, 2 out 3 sticks wont post...

pauld5999

I was able to get a kit of the 1866 7-8-7-20 GT's through the Corsair store, they arrived Monday, got around to testing them out yesterday and when running 1 stick at a time only 1 of the 3 sticks will post. I am not even able to post and load BIOs or Memtest on the 2 sticks, on the third everything works fine so it does not seem to be a compatibility issue (I am running them in the evga x58 sli, latest BIOs).

Tried them in different slots, with different settings (have to use the one good stick to set BIOs, power down, and swap sticks) and nothing seems to work. Trying stock speeds as well as more relaxed timings and speeds and nothing seems to work.

Also, is it normal for the sticks to have come in 3 seperate plastic packages (i.e. not a matched kit)?

I submitted for an RMA through the corsair site, is that correct?

• Corsair Employees
Currently the Tri channel kits come in a BOX with all of the modules in their own clam shell. So yes that is normal. And are you saying that when testing the modules one at a time only one module will post the system the other two modules will not post on their own? If so then yes let's get them all replaced.

Currently the Tri channel kits come in a BOX with all of the modules in their own clam shell. So yes that us normal. And are you saying that when testing the modules one at a time only one module will post the system the other two modules will not post on their own? If so then yes let's get them all replaced.

yes, that is the case. system would not post with all three installed either (sorry forgot to include that piece), so i started trying one by one and got the above stated results

just wanted to add, I was putting these sticks in an already running,stable system. Swapped back in my previous sticks with same settings and everything ran fine.

I know these sticks are not currently instock (according to the store) so what is done about replacing them? I really am not interested in waiting, would rather refund and look else where.....

• Corsair Employees

Wait, what is the part number of the memory that was running in the system?

And if you had other memory running in the system you may need to clear the BIOS to get it to see the new modules properly.

Wait, what is the part number of the memory that was running in the system?

And if you had other memory running in the system you may need to clear the BIOS to get it to see the new modules properly.

previous sticks were not Corsair (Gskill ddr3 1600mhz 8-8-8-21 6GB kit).

BIOS was cleared several times while trying out the sticks but no matter what I did, the one good stick would always post and the other 2 would not make it past the "69" post code on the evga board (posts F3-FB-68-69-C1 for good stick, F3-FB-68-69 than reset for other two sticks).

NP Let's get them replaced but you might take the one working module and test it in all of the slots to be sure its not some other issue.

I have started the RMA process but I know these sticks are not currently instock (according to the store) so what is done about replacing them? I really am not interested in waiting, would rather refund and look else where for comparable sticks.....

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we would not have anything to do with that, you will need to work that out with the store you purchased them from. But you can call in and talk to our customer service and see what they might be able to do. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext 3

I am sorry but we would not have anything to do with that, you will need to work that out with the store you purchased them from. But you can call in and talk to our customer service and see what they might be able to do. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext 3

corsair's online store is the store I purchased them from(stated in op)....did not think any other retailers were even selling this, and the other tri channel gt, kits......i'll call customer service, thanks for the info

Archived