Corsair Community

System not posting

vsekh

I am trying to add a 2nd GTX295 to my system with an EVGA 790i FTW motherboard and Corsair HX1000 power supply but the system will not post with the 2nd GTX295 installed. It is working fine with just one GTX295 video card. Is the Corsair HX1000 power supply not able to handle a pair of GTX295 or is there another problem.

TIA

• Corsair Employees
Likely some other problem, the HX1000 should have no problem powering that system. Which PCIE cables are you using with each card? Also, have you tried testing a single card in each PCIE slot just to rule out a bad slot?

I plugged the PCI Express cables that are directly connected the power supply in the first video card and then I used the modular cables for the 12v rail one for the 2nd video card. I tried to plug a single video card in the 2nd and 3rd slots alone, but the bios said that I need to plug the single video card in the first slot and it will not go any further. I have not been able to figure out how to utilize a single video card in the 2nd or 3rd PCIE slots. I will check with EVGA support to see if they know of a setting within the bios which will let me test the 2nd or 3rd PCIE slot with a single video card.

• Corsair Employees
I would try each pair of PCIE cables with a single card and just make sure there isn't something wrong with the cables. I would also make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard, and load setup defaults in the BIOS and see if there is any difference.

Archived