Corsair Community

Different ram timings on dimms

dmx09

Hi there,

I have a new build core i7 system which is running well but I noticed last night while overclocking that the timings are different on one of the dimms.. Also, I have had to manually change the timings as in the bios they were showing as 7-7-7-20 and not 9-9-9-24..

Heres a screengrab from Memset.. Do I have problem?:confused:

http://preview.modulemedia.co.uk/dmx07/memset2.jpg

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Thanks, I'll try to sort this evening as I am going away for a few days, otherwise it might be next week.

Does this mean I will be without ram for some time!? Do I have to return the ram first or how does it work? I work from home quite a bit so not having a pc might be an issue if its for quite a few days..

Edit: Oh, and I am in the UK.. not sure if this causes any issues as I realise you are not!

• Corsair Employees
The average turn around time is about 7-15 days for International RMA's and yes you would need to send all of the modules, you can get the RMA number then call our customer service at 510-657-8747 and let them know you use this system for work and see if there is anything they can do to speed things up.

The average turn around time is about 7-15 days for International RMA's and yes you would need to send all of the modules, you can get the RMA number then call our customer service at 510-657-8747 and let them know you use this system for work and see if there is anything they can do to speed things up.

Thanks for your help with this & just to give u an update...

I've spoken to the retailer where I bought the ram and they are happy to RMA the ram. They have superb customer service, nice to get the 'no problem at all' attitude these days!

thanks again.

Thanks for your help with this & just to give u an update...

I've spoken to the retailer where I bought the ram and they are happy to RMA the ram. They have superb customer service, nice to get the 'no problem at all' attitude these days!

thanks again.

Yes it is very nice to see that. It sounds as if you bought from a quality retailer! Sorry you had an issue with the SPDs.

Yes it is very nice to see that. It sounds as if you bought from a quality retailer! Sorry you had an issue with the SPDs.

Just to give you an update, I got replacement RAM today and have just installed. All the timings match now so alls well. I'll be returning the faulty dimms tomorrow for a refund and will maybe add another 6gb's now that prices are finally dropping! :D:

Archived