Corsair Community

Twinx-1024 3200C2PT & Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Hello I have Twinx-1024 3200C2PT (XMS3202v1.2) and a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. This is result with Cpu-z software : Performance mode : desabled Frequency 199.9 FSB:DRAM : 1:1 Cas latency : 2.5 Ras to Cas delay : 3 Ras precharge : 3 Cycle time (Tras) :8 My Bios parameters : AI overclock Tuner : Standard Performance Mode : Auto Configure DRAM timind by SPD : Enabled Performance acceleration Mode : Auto Question 1 : How to increase the performances of my system with a good stability ? Question 2 : Can you indicate the good values to me to be selected in my bios ? Question 3 : Which is the good value for option "DRAM Burst Lenght" (4 or 8) ? thanks.

Your memory has latency rating of 2-3-3-6 on Intel based systems and should easily run at these settings at the default clock speed of PC3200 (DDR400). The SPID setting is set higher because AMD systems have problems running this memory at lower latencies. Try setting it to this and then boot to windows and run some memory intensive benchmarks or applications and let us know how this works for you. If it boots but has some stability issues then try raising the memory voltage just a tad. Your memory is listed to support up to 2.6V but you dont want to raise it more than is needed to maintain a stable system. Hope this helps

If you have a P4C , I would make it say..... [quote] AI overclock Tuner : Manual CPU External Frequency mhz : 200 Dram Frequency : 400 mhz AGP.PCI Frequency : 66.66/33.33 CPU VCore Voltage : Auto DDR Refernce Voltage :2.75 AGP VDDQ Voltage : 1.50 Performance Mode : Turbo (If it's stable)/Auto (If not) Configure DRAM timind by SPD : Disabled Dram CAS# latency : 2 Dram RAS# precharge : 3 Dram RAS# to CAS# delay : 3 Dram PreCharge Delay:6 Dram Burst Length : 4 Performance acceleration Mode : Enabled [/quote] Hans

Archived