Corsair Community

Changing Memory Timing Causes BSOD

I am using Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2 memory. The system is not overclocked. When I disable the SPD and manually configure the memory timing to 2-3-3-6, the system POST; however, Windows XP generates a bluescreen of death and fails to load. If I re-enable SPD, Windows XP loads correctly. I installed Windows XP with SPD enabled. Does any one have any ideas on a solution to this problem?

Well first of all you need to tell us what motherboard you are using because the memory you purchased has a different latency spec for AMD systems. This is direct from corsair XMS memory page. * These parts support 2-3-3-6 latency on Intel platforms, and 2.5-3-3-6 latency on AMD platforms. If you are in fact running an Intel system let us know and we can try to figure out what your problem is. If you are running an AMD system then try setting your memory to 2.5-3-3-6 and let us know how that works.

Well that definately presents an issue. Are you running a 800mhz or 533mhz FSB P4, because at 533 the memory would be underclocked and might present issues running lower than the memory is intended. If you are running a 800mhz FSB CPU then I would recommend emailing Corsair and asking them if your memory could be a bad batch. They should help you out if the memory is in fact not performing to spec.

Do you have any of the memory acceleration options in BIOS turned on? Also, you should set your DDR Voltage to 2.7x volts and run [url=www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/url] on the modules. If you get errors with both of them, run them one at a time and test to see if one is failing. No need to E-Mail Corsair as these are official forums and if it gets to the point where you need an RMA, I'll be happy to bring this thread directly to RAM GUY's attention. Let us know how those tests come out, run at least 2 full passes, preferrably 3. PLUR CK

Wow, I am really impressed. I have been a Mushkin man most of my life and this Corsair 3200LL Pro that I am about to buy May 1 are my first high end corsair modules that I have purchased for my own machine. I have recommended it to many people but never owned any myself. Candykid -> You just said that RMA can actually be setup and handled off Corsair's official forums. If what you say is true then I am shocked beyond belief. I have never in my life seen a company willing to actually get down and dirty in their own forums even to the point of replacing consumers purchased hardware. Anyway just wanted to express my amazement :)

That's why I'm here. I don't work for Corsair, I just love 'em! You'll still have to fill out an RMA form, of course, but all the pre-support needed, etc, can be done right here in the forums. aggie07, please let us know how those tests come out! PLUR CK P.S. Nestan, I run TwinX1024-3200LLPRO and they're wonderful. Nice buy.

Archived