Corsair Community

Question about my DDR3 configuration

Sitti

Hello,

I currently have TWIN3x4096-1600C7DHXING (XMP 2 x 2GB) running at 7-7-7-20 1600. I just ordered TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX (non-XMP 2 x 2GB). Will I have any problem running 1600C7DHXING with 1600C7DHX? The only difference of these two is XMP. Since I overclock the RAMs, it does not matter, right?

My motherboard is Asus P5E3 Deluxe (X38). Will I be able to run 4 x 2GB at 7-7-7-20 1600? How much should I lower the setting?

Thank you for your advice!!

If they are of the same version, then the only difference between the modules is the tables for Intel XMP (which only works with two modules anyway) settings. Insert the Intel XMP modules into the second and fourth slot. Set your BIOS memory to XMP and make your changes. Test for stability. Then add the two non XMP modules into the first and third slots and test for stability.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

If your testing does not work, or errors occur, then drop the memory speed down to 1600 7-7-7-20 and retest. If there are still errors, then perform a slot and memory/memory controller test.

Shut the system down. Boot to the Memtest CD with that single stick and allow for two full passes. Shut the system down. Remove the first stick and insert it in slot two. Repeat memtest. Shut the system down. Remove the first stick and insert it into slot three and repeat memtest. Do the same for the last slot. You have now tested one stick and all four slots. Shut the system down and insert the second stick in slot one. Retest. Shut the system down and remove the second stick and insert the third stick in slot one. Repeat Memtest. Do the same with the last stick. You have now tested all four sticks in single channel mode.

Now test for the Dual Channel Mode function of the memory controller. Insert a stick in slot one and three and memtest. Remove the set and insert the second set in slot two and four and memtest.

Finally, insert a stick in slot one and slot three, a stick in slot two and slot four and repeat Memtest. If Stable enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

If Stable enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs. As well, please post your report such as:

Stick 1 - Slot 1 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest 
Stick 1 - Slot 2 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest 
Stick 1 - Slot 3 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest 
Stick 1 - Slot 4 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest 

Stick 2 - Slot 1 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest
Stick 3 - Slot 1 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest
Stick 4 - Slot 1 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest

Stick 1 & 2 - Slot 1 & 3 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest
Stick 2 & 4 = Slot 2 & 4 = No boot/Pass/Fail Memtest

Hello,

I currently have TWIN3x4096-1600C7DHXING (XMP 2 x 2GB) running at 7-7-7-20 1600. I just ordered TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX (non-XMP 2 x 2GB). Will I have any problem running 1600C7DHXING with 1600C7DHX? The only difference of these two is XMP. Since I overclock the RAMs, it does not matter, right?

My motherboard is Asus P5E3 Deluxe (X38). Will I be able to run 4 x 2GB at 7-7-7-20 1600? How much should I lower the setting?

Thank you for your advice!!

Try setting your timings to 7-7-7-20 2T.

Hi,

I was going to post update that I tried setting the timing at 7-7-7-20. I just finished running Memtest and Prime95 for hours and it is running stable.

Thanks for your advises

Archived