Corsair Community

Stupid pen drive!

Daniel Gray

I purchased a 64GB Cosair Voyager Flash drive bout2 months ago and never had any reason to use it till recently. Had just copied over all of the Cartoon Networks Ed-Edd and Eddy TV shows for my niece that she had taped (yea she still uses VHS tapes) and got all of them into my computer and made into avi files. With 155 episodes (including all the specials) it amounted to about 12GB. So I pull out my trusty (or so I thought) thumb drive and carefully copied all of these shows to the drive and made sure they were all there. I then removed the drive from my main computer and placed it in my stack of things to do on my computer desk (I have one laptop that all it does is burn dvd's and be a backup in case my main one goes into the shop) and made sure it was no where near any magnets. Just today I went in to my computer room to burn her these shows on dvd's and imagine my surprise when the stupid thumb says it has 11.9GB on it (the same size as the avi's) yet I cannot see them anywhere!! In fact the avi's do not show up at all! I right click and click properties and it clearly shows that there is something there, yet it will not let me access it.

So I have 11.9GB of avi's on a thumb drive that took me almost two months to copy over and change and I cannot use them. The drive wont format and will not even read on my XP some of the time.

Is there ANY way I can get these back or do I have to get an RMA and start all over with the video tapes??

• Corsair Employees

First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site or on our web site you will find this Application Note..

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

And you will want to use the Fat32 Format Utility found here.

Archived