Corsair Community

Striker Extreme and CM2X2048-6400C5

I am constantly getting bluescreens all the time, and i think its because of my RAM.

• If i am lucky my computer lasts maby 1 and a half hour.

• All the bluescreens seem to happen randomly.

• Everything is up to date, and i completet a memtest with no errors.

• The most common error i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i think.

Is there anyone that has this problem/can help me with this?

All my bios settings are default, RAM is running at 1.9V 800Mhz, and CPU @ 1.2V, 2,66Ghz, 8.0x Multiplier

These are the errors that i found after the BSOD:

• The previous system shutdown at 19:12:28 on 21.03.2009 was unexpected.

• NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet #3 : Has encountered an invalid network address. 19:15:14

• Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number. 19:15:26

• The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. 19:16:07

• The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. 19:16:45

• The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt
    19:16:45

• Application initialization failed. Last error: 0x80070032
    19:17:24

That module is not available as a single module where did you purchase just one module?

When i ordered it i thought it would come in two modules, but when it arrived there was only one.

When i run CPU-Z i get this info about my ram:

General

Memory type: DDR2

Module format: Regular UDIMM

Manufacturer (ID): Corsair (7F7F9E0000000000)

Size: 2048 MBytes

Max bandwidth: PC2-6400 (400 MHz)

Part number: CM2X2048-6400C5

Attributes:

Number of banks : 2

Data width: 64 bits

Correction: None

Nominal Voltage: 1.80 Volts

EPP: no

XMP: no

Timings table

Frequency (MHz): 270 400

CAS#: 4.0 5.0

RAS# to CAS# delay: 4 5

RAS# Precharge: 4 5

TRAS: 13 18

TRC: 15 22

There are only a singel module inserted to my computer, so i am 100% sure that i only have one.

I purchased it from a norwegian electronic store. (http://www.amentio.no) http://www.amentio.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:1894885%3bc:36213%3br:pg

• 1 month later...
Apparently it is sorry I was not aware we were selling it as a single module.

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

A friend of mine had the same RAM as i had, just in 2 separate modules.. So i decided to test them out before i sent my ram for a replacement, but it dont seem to sole the problem. If the problem was that my motherboard didnt support a single module, it should be solved with 2 modules, right?

Archived