Corsair Community

16G Flash Voyager- No file system?

I use my Voyager at work (Windows XP) and at school (some Mac:(:). Last night, the Mac froze with my Voyager plugged in. My teacher rebooted the Mac, and afterwards, my drive started giving errors.

Every Mac or PC I've plugged it into since says that it is not formatted, and the demo data recovery applications I've tried say that there is no recognizable file system, and that there are bad sectors (blocks?)

I backed up my drive 6 ways to sunday last October, but there are some newer school files on it that were not backed up and I'd really, really like to get them back.

If I send my drive in under warranty, will you try to get my data? The RMA form doesn't seem to address that. Or maybe I missed it. This drive was a Christmas present from December 2007, will it still be covered?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site. And you will need to do this with a Windows system in addition there is an Application Note with some helpful tips as well.

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thanks Ram Guy. I tried that app, and although it seems to list my files, it can't seem to recover them. I tried a few of the smallest, and they're unusable. This app also found problems with the drive, so I guess it's time to give up, and hope my teacher buys the excuse that a Mac ate my homework...

• Corsair Employees
I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately the only other option would be to take it to a data recovery service center and see if they are able to recover the data. In my own experience, most places will give you an estimate on how much it would cost to recover the data and how much of it may be able to be recovered, but data recovery can be quite expensive depending on the type of failure.

Archived