Corsair Community

Asus M2N68-CM with 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-6400C5

LarsS

I am experiencing some trouble getting a system stable.

I installed Ubuntu 8.10 but have experienced stability problems not normal to Linux (freezes etc.). Runnig memtest3.5 at one stick at a time in the first slot (i.e. testing them one at a time) revealed problems with 3 out of 4 sticks(!) Went back to dealer who gave me new sticks, and these were all OK in testing one by one. I then populated all memory slots and ran memtest again (memtest 2.01 this time, supplied on Ubuntu install CD). This test gave errors in test #5 (block moves), but only for the second bank / channel.

The mobo is not listed in Corsairs memory configurator, nor is the memory listed in ASUS' QVL for the mobo, but these are the sticks the dealer said I should use, and that that they *should* work, but may require BIOS adjustments. But what would be the good adjustments to try? So far I only tried increasing the mem voltage from the default 1.85 V to 1.91 V (as these sticks are apparently supposed to operate at 1.9 V acc. to the corsair website), but the problems prevail. So any help on the strategy to use to try and get this stable would be much appreciated (lower mem clock? other?).

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived