Corsair Community

Rebate Cards!

KingRat

I hope the OP meant Dec.08 :confused: Anyway, I ordered some Twin2x2048-8500C5D-G from the egg on 12/13/08 and received the $30 rebate card on 2/14/09. I've also received 2-$20 cards from PSU purchases and have a $50 one coming.

Now for my rant...rebate cards suck...needed a new PSU yesterday so I tried ZZF and newegg...found out you can't stack the cards and since ZZF & newegg no longer take phone orders I went to mwave. Phone support could only apply one rebate card along with my visa so I used the $30 one...Surprise! I get a call back saying the $30 card didn't work, great, I say try $27 ....that worked. So Citi is taking an almost 10% fee and I'm not getting the full $30 rebate as advertized :mad:

I hope the OP meant Dec.08
That would mean the rebate was from the future, as he posted in March 07, 3 months after he got the memory.

Now for my rant...rebate cards suck...needed a new PSU yesterday so I tried ZZF and newegg...found out you can't stack the cards and since ZZF & newegg no longer take phone orders I went to mwave. Phone support could only apply one rebate card along with my visa so I used the $30 one...Surprise! I get a call back saying the $30 card didn't work, great, I say try $27 ....that worked. So Citi is taking an almost 10% fee and I'm not getting the full $30 rebate as advertized :mad:

Rebate cards?

Ignore my rant, got it figured out.....still rather get a check though ;):

i would like to know how u figured it out? Maybe you can help some of the other ppl having problems with these prepaid cards.

im having trouble buying stuff with the rebate card. i ordered from an online store for $29.40. it was declined.

ive been reading about this on the net for a while now, my fav thread is found here http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=38&threadid=2287129

apparently if you look at the great scheme of things:

1] to us the buyer these cards can be a PITA

2] if used at certain places you cannot use the full amount (restaurants, bars, etc...)

3] if you get the card and have a paypal account you can transfer the FULL balance to your account. (but do it before the 2% servicecharge against the account)

4] keeping in mind that any major MFG that offers rebates will either save money or get a spiff to let a third party handle the transaction for them as it is less labor on them.

5] im not happy about it either however in the current state of economy this is what businesses are forced to do to cut costs, i understand it but i dont have to like it.

all i can say is if you do your research proper PRIOR to your purchase you will feel less disappointed if you run into a snag.

Archived