Corsair Community

Which memory is compatible with my current system.

Sniper2k0ne

Thanks Wired for the quick reply. I'll go ahead and pick them up. I purchased the DDR3 memory from the link Wired posted, now I got another question if I picked up that Corsair Dominator Fan for extra cooling would it fit with the DDR3 on that link with the Heat Spreaders on?

DDR3 just came in yesterday and installed them everything runs great but according to CPU-Z under Memory Dram Frequency says 534.3mhz, and Under SPD it says Max Bandwith PC3-8500F (533 MHz) shouldn't this be alot higher for DDR3? Latency is suppose to be 9-9-9-24 according to the DDR3 I bought. Do I need to change any settings or is it suppose to be that slow for DDR3?

Thanks....Sniper2k1

You need to perform a slight overclock to get the memory and CPU in the proper ratio.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

Download CPU-z from
JumperFree Configuration Settings

Ai Overclocking = Manual
CPU Ratio = Manual
Ratio CMOS Setting = 9
FSB Frequency = 400
PCI-E Frequency = 100
DRAM Frequency = DDR3-1600
DRAM Timing Control = Manual
CAS = 5
RAS# to CAS# = 5
RAS to Precharge = 5
RAS Active Time = 15
TWR= Auto
TRFC = 60
TWTR = Auto
TRRD = Auto
TRTP = Auto
DRAM Static Read Control = Auto
DRAM Dynamic Write Control = Auto
Transaction Booster = Disabled
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled
CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU Voltage Reference = Auto
CPU Voltage Damper = Enabled
DRAM Voltage = 2.1V
FSB Termination Voltage = Auto
North Bridge Voltage = 1.40v

Boot to the memtest CD and allow for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

There's no hard and fast settings. Insert a single stick of memory in the second slot with the given settings. Does the system start up?

I tried what DerekT recommended and the computer will not post and no Video, I reset the bios back to default and it works with default settings. Any recommendations on why it will not post?

That board is a hybrid DDR2/DDR3 and with hybrids it is not good to go with high speed memory.

I would personally advise DDR2 800Mhz or DDR3 1333Mhz and would advise the DDR2 over the DDR3.

Yes the system starts up, but it don't get beyond Post with that settings even with 1 stick of the DDR3, the CPU isn't running at 1600mhz, its at 1333mhz. Could it be that I bought the wrong memory?

Archived