Corsair Community

HX620 warning signs?

jswriter

I'm about to upgrade my graphics card to the GTX 295. My HX620 is about 1.5 years old and has been working like a champ. Everything I've read here seems to confirm the 620 as more than capable of handling the 295. Are there any specific warning signs I should look for that might indicate a PSU problem... aside from it smoking during a heavy frag session? :p:

• Corsair Employee
I went ahead and bought an HX1000. Buy.com has it for $199 after rebate. That's the best price I've seen in months so I pounced before it went back up. :cool:

Wow, I think that's the best price I have seen for the HX1000 good luck with the upgrade!

• Corsair Employee
Oh, and just in case you were to ask, the cables from the HX-520/620 PSUs are NOT INTERCHANGABLE with the HX-1000 cables. You may have already known this but I thought I would throw it out there since you now will have both PSUs on hand and your system is already wired with the 620 cables.

Wow, I think that's the best price I have seen for the HX1000 good luck with the upgrade!

Yeah, that's quite a nice price. I figured it was better to grab it now. I'm sure it wont last and we'll see it back in its normal $250 - $270 range.

Oh, and just in case you were to ask, the cables from the HX-520/620 PSUs are NOT INTERCHANGABLE with the HX-1000 cables. You may have already known this but I thought I would throw it out there since you now will have both PSUs on hand and your system is already wired with the 620 cables.

I was going to try my 620's cables in hopes of avoiding having to thread new cables. Glad you warned me first. This is my first shot at replacing a PSU. Fingers crossed and hoping I get it right. :ummmm:

Archived