Corsair Community

Tx 650 no longer works

gixxer

This is my second Tx650 power supply that has stopped working.

Each one has maybe only 10-20 minutes of run time on them. The fan has stopped working on both of them. One was returned to Microcenter, and a new one was given to me, the replacement stopped working also. The fan also stopped working, same problem as the first one. Now I am going to have to try a 3rd one, I am not to happy because I have to drive over 60 miles one way for a return.:mad: Or wait 15 days for a warranty claim shipping the item back and forth. I may have to try a differant company this time.

These power supply's were just plugged into the motherboard to test 3 new motherboards. No cpu/memory/video card were on the motherboard.

I thought I had a grounding issue with the motherboards, but it turns out to be the power supply is the problem.:eek:

Power still comes out of the both supply's, the fan just does not work in both of them.

Does the fan spin at all if you try this basic functionality test?

NO, none of the fans spin on any of the 2 power supplys when the basic functionality test is tried. :eek: Power still comes out of the power supply, it turns on a test fan, but the internal power supply fan doesn't spin, and the power supply will not provide enough power for the mother boards to post.:confused:

I tried a differant brand of power supply, and the mother board posts with no problem.:laughing:

So it is a defective power supply, but 2 in a row, now thats a problem..

I allready replaced the 2 power supplys. I returned them to the store and purchased another brand name power supply. The 2 second power supply I received ,a Tx-650, shorted out a Gigabyte ep45-ud3p motherboard.Luckly I was able to replace the motherboard under the 30 return policy. I didn't want to try a third Corsair power supply, and have problems again.

Archived