Corsair Community

PSU Dead? - Have to smack it

stop45

Ok, so I am no Fonzi but I have been feeling like lately. I build 3 identical workstations with the HX1000 and my home box is having issues.

It worked fine for about one month, and then started having issues with not turning on. It was hit or miss if it would come on on first try. Then i had to start turning the power switch(on psu) off and on to get it to fire. Eventually nothing would happen so being the caveman I am, I gave it a smack on the fan grill & BINGO!

So after the first time it came on by its self a few times but now I am forced to hit power button which turns on the lights on the mobo but does not power up the fans. once i see the light on, i give it a smack and it engages.

obviously I do not want to continue this and would like to RA it. It is only 4 months old. I just wanted to get some feedback from the support here first to see if they have seen this before, and if there is a solution.

So far I have:

- Disconnected connection all and reconnected

- Checked all PSU cables for secure connection

- Tried with only MOBO connected

- Tried with only one Vid Card connected

- Cursed at it and called horrible names:evil:

- Apologized and reconciled:bigeyes:

Does Corsair have a advance replacement program for people who lose money everyday their computer does not work? Or can I use my own Fed-Ex to express everything along?

Thank you in advance!

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

For more detailed RMA information and to find out what options may be available to you, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com once you have obtained the RMA number.

• Corsair Employees
Thank you! What is the average turn for this process minus the shipping?

:biggrin:

Normally it would be 5-10 business days, however our RMA department may be able to give you a more accurate estimation. You can contact them using the information above.

Archived