Corsair Community

BIOS memory checks pauses, then finishes at a slower rate.

lalittle

I just installed 4GB (TW3X4G1333C9DHX) into an Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi. During the BIOS memory check, it counts up to 3325 (I 'think' I'm remembering that number correctly), then pauses for a moment, then counts the rest of the way up to 4096 at a slightly slower rate. Is this normal? If so, I'm curious why it pauses, and why it appears to check the last bit more slowly.

Thanks,

Larry

Different operations are being performed. If you complete a pass, you complete a pass. The tests are not the same nor do they take the same time.

So are you saying that as it progresses, it starts new tests on the same memory that slow the overall progress? Given the way it pauses and slows down, it "looks" like it's doing something different on the memory beyond the 3325 mark, but this would imply that memory beyond 3325 has different tests being run on it than the rest of the memory up to that point. Is the idea that at that point, the system starts some other memory test, which causes the count-up to slow?

I always thought that the count-up was simply a representation of which "piece" of memory was being checked, but that it was doing the same thing to each "piece" of memory as it went.

Thanks for the info -- I'm just trying to understand this,

Larry

Archived