Corsair Community

Help with timing setting

edhand

I just put together a new system with a Asus M4N72-E main board and TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF. Everything runs fine with the memory at 800MHz, but when I try to manually set it to 5-5-5-15-2T @ 1066, the system is unstable and won't boot. It got so bad on one attempt that I had to reset the bios with the motherboard jumper. I looked at the settings in this link (What are the correct timings for My Dominator Module? ), but the options there and in my bios are slightly different. Any help would be appreciated.

Phenom and Phenom II have issues with high end memory. I advise those who purchase the AMD processors to also purchase mid-line memory if they want to ensure that the system will work correctly.

Did you set your DRAM voltage to 2.1v?

The word in reality is "Should" because it happens that they sometimes just refuse to run with that which they support.

I did set it to 2.1. This memory was on the QVL for my mainboard, and I (I think) put them in the correct slots as the Phenoms can only run 1 module per channel @ 1066.

The system is working, just not with the memory @ 1066. I suspect that either I'm changing the wrong settings to get it to run at the EPP settings, or not changing everything I need to. I was first looking to verify what settings in this particular bios I should be changing.

The system is working, just not with the memory @ 1066. I suspect that either I'm changing the wrong settings to get it to run at the EPP settings, or not changing everything I need to. I was first looking to verify what settings in this particular bios I should be changing.

Keep in mind what Derek pointed out. The jury is still out on Phenom II but, most Phenom users cannot get anywhere close to 1066. You may simply not be able to run this speed with an AMD CPU/IMC.

Archived