Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 + TR3X6G1866C9D Won't POST

Stewart123

As title,

Installed 3 x 2gb in the Orange slots and the mobo won't POST.

Tried 1 stick and it will POST, albeit at 1066.

Tried the settings as detailed here :-

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76699

It will POST with these settings on 1 stick but not on 2 or 3 :(:

Tried setting DRAM frequency to 1333, 1600 or 1066 with above settings and it wont POST even on one Stick :(:

Tried XMP profile#1 and it appears to recognise the stick correctly but still wont POST on more than one stick :(:

So basically I can only get the system to run at 1866 on one of the sticks :(:

Tried some different sticks from my other system and it will POST on 2 x CM3X1G1600C9DHX...

Anyone any ideas?

• Corsair Employees

Will all 3 modules work individually? Have you found a module that will not allow a POST at all?

If all 3 modules work individually, then you most likely have a problem with the CPU memory controller or MOBO.

Do you still have access to the other system? You can also test the modules in that system with Memtest.

Will all 3 modules work individually? Have you found a module that will not allow a POST at all?

If all 3 modules work individually, then you most likely have a problem with the CPU memory controller or MOBO.

Do you still have access to the other system? You can also test the modules in that system with Memtest.

Thanks for the reply Mr Ramguy :):

After a good few hours building the system and trying different combinations (all parts retail and brand new), I don't believe I tested all sticks in the single stick scenario although I could've done. I just came to the conclusion that the Mobo wouldn't support dual or triple channel 1866mhz memory configurations.

Just about to set off back to the suppliers now so I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again.

Ok, back from the suppliers and you were right, it was probably the CPU memory controller.

Cause?

Bent CPU socket pins:eek:!

I've built thousands of systems over the years and I was ultra careful, but still, I somehow managed to bend a couple of pins. They were only slightly out of shape but enough to cause this problem.

So, to everyone reading this, no matter how much system building experience you have and how careful you might be, it is so so easy to cause damage accidentally.

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees

Did they straighten the pins or replace the MOBO?

Having the pins on the MOBO is better than the "old days" :p: when the pins were on the CPU but it is still fragile. Glad to see you got it sorted.

It's important that all P6T owners know that this m/b will not post and go into windows if more than 3gig of ram is used! they must use one stick of ram in slot A1 and download the latest bios update that will allow them to use all of their ram;): It's a shame that people are not checking this, as it is giving the P6Tseries a bad rap! AS Ram Guy's sticky states, you should make sure you have the latest bios update

I hate to be a naysayer but I think your info is wrong. I built my new system using the P6T Deluxe V2 board. Installed all 6 gig's of 2000 Mhz GT ram, booted up, set my bios to XMP mode and disabled stuff I didn't want/need and ran a perfect install of Vista 64. Then I ran a perfect install of Vista 32 and finally a perfect install of Windows 7. I never updated the bios from the initial 0102 that the board came with and I never had to do what you outline of using just one stick to install. To be honest all the new bios did was add support for some more CPU's.

Now what you may be confusing this with is the original version of Vista, pre SP1, did sometimes have problems installing on systems that had more than 3 gig's installed. This was fixed with SP1 and the newer install dvd's for vista no longer seem to have the issue. You can either contact MS to get an updated DVD or you can slipstream and burn your own copy.

Here is a Link to a good guide for doing the Slipstream

Vista Forum Slipstream Guide

Cheers:D:

• Corsair Employees
It's important that all P6T owners know that this m/b will not post and go into windows if more than 3gig of ram is used! they must use one stick of ram in slot A1 and download the latest bios update that will allow them to use all of their ram;):

I have not yet seen this particular issue but, thanks for posting your experience. If others have the same issue hopefully they will try flashing the BIOS first.

right, you must update the bios, with only one ram

so the motherboard will accept more memory models

but some guys , say first issues of this asus p6 t deluxe mb has problems

--if update dont works, exchange with a new and same asus motherboard:):

or change the ram :[pouts:

ps: is the given corsair airflow usefull ?:confused:

• Corsair Employees
Yes the Fan is a big help especially if you have memory faster than 1600 MHz I would suggest it. Or if you have all six slots filled and for you I would suggest re-flashing the BIOS if you keep having problems running 3 up.

Must of been an issue with the original version of the P6T Deluxe then that was fixed with the Deluxe V2 boards. There has only been one bios update so far just a cpl weeks ago for the V2 and it only added support for some more CPU's

Archived