Corsair Community

Random no boot issue : p5Q-E + TX 750 W

passionne

Hello,

For around 8 months, I used my system with no problems.

But today, I encounter the following issue : when I switch on the PC, I hear the usual bip meaning, the CPU, the VGA and the memory are detected, the message "press del to enter bios, tab to see the setup" appears at the bottom of the screen then nothing more : the ASUS logo does not appear and it is impossible to boot.

I did the following tests :

- overcloking removed.

- clear CMOS : sometimes it works, I manage to boot, sometimes same result as described above.

- flashed the motherboard with the latest bios (from 1402 to 1901) : I managed to boot but after switching off the PC, I faced the same symptom when turning on again.

- switched off, unplugged and plugged again the power cord : sometimes it works, I manage to boot, sometimes same result as described above.

- switched off, unplugged and plugged again the 24 pin ATX plug : sometimes it works, I manage to boot, sometimes same result as described above.

- unplugged hard drives, every USB cable at the rear panel : no change.

- switched off the PC, unplugged the power cord, waited about 30 minutes then plugged again and switched on : it worked but I tested that once. If I wait 5 minutes, the logo appears on the screen and remains : no boot.

- according to ASUS Probe, the 3.3 V, 5 V and 12 V are OK : 3.33 V, 5.11 V and 12.04 V respectively.

When I manage to boot in Vista or XP, the system is fully stable : I can even play games without any problems.

I think that the cause of my problem is either the motherboard ot the power supply.

Any idea ?

I found the cause of the problem : I use a vapor phase change cooler to cool the CPU at -50C. I insulated all around the CPU with neoprene but this insulation deteriorated because the neopene was less pressed months after months.

Consequently, the components around the socket were too cold which caused the random non-boot problem.

Now, I am on air, with the Intel heatsink and the PC boots each time.

Thanks for your help.

Archived