Corsair Community

RMA'ing from Australia

BlaiseP

Hi, I have a 2G kit (TWINX2048-3500LL PRO) which has been causing the odd BDOD for a while in my old system. I have Memtest86+ the sticks (both together and individually plus all manner of slot permutations) and believe a have narrowed it down to a faulty stick. I have tried (as a last resort), relaxing the timings and underclocking the memory and still see same errors in Memtest86+ on that stick.

The specs of the old system are: AMD FX-60 (Corsair Cool w/cooled), DFI LanParty Expert (BIOS NF4EDC07), 2GB RAM (as above), 2 x w/cooled XFX 7900GT's in SLi, Seagate 80G PATA, Seagate 120G SATA, 2 x Sony DVD burners, X-FI ExtremeMusic, Lian-Li PC-60USB case, Silverstone "Strider" 600W PSU & Vista Home Premium 32-bit (SP1).

As I am the original purchaser of this RAM (from Fluidtek, I wish to submit an RMA request for the kit BUT as far as I can see, the address I must send the sticks to is in California USA. Do you have an agent in Australia? Altech Computer maybe? They are listed on your site as the NSW, Australia distributor.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the tardiness of this update - I had a leak in the w/c loop on my NF4 board... all is good, no parts damaged (thank goodness).

Not wanting to waste anyone's time, once I got the machine back together I re-ran Memtest86+ (handy to have it as a BIOS option for a DFI eXpert) but not before I did something else that I haven't done for years - I loaded "Optimal defaults" in the BIOS. Now, I've been putting up with random BSOD for too long (not often but enough to be annoying) and Memtest-ing has shown errors on one of my sticks. Once I loaded the defaults, the sticks Memtest perfectly!

I don't know why this fixed the problem as I had fiddled with the BIOS settings many times all to no avail BUT loading "Optimal defaults" cured the problem and saves a RMA. Sorry for jumping the gun RAM GUY and not trying this path sooner.

Well, I still feel quite stupid that I didn't try it ages ago!

I also had a situation a number of years ago with SLI'ed 7800GTX cards... the cards would work aloe but failed miserably when installed together. Even BFG wanted to RMA the cards as they couldn't determine what was at fault BUT I would have had to FedEx 'em to Wales which was about $AUD200 (plus insurance). In sheer desperation I reset the BIOS with the cards installed and they magically decided to cooperate. Go figure?

• 3 months later...

I've just got an RMA for some dodgy RAM and are also located in Australia.. and have been given an address in the USA to send it to.

Without spending a fortune on postage (which if packed in a box as requested is probably going to cost a fortune anyway), its going to be a few weeks just to get to the address in the USA and at least the same back!

Seems insane that you have a distributor in Australia but you expect this stuff to be sent all the way back to the USA for warranty service!?

I've just got an RMA for some dodgy RAM and are also located in Australia.. and have been given an address in the USA to send it to.

Without spending a fortune on postage (which if packed in a box as requested is probably going to cost a fortune anyway), its going to be a few weeks just to get to the address in the USA and at least the same back!

Seems insane that you have a distributor in Australia but you expect this stuff to be sent all the way back to the USA for warranty service!?

Read up and you'll see there's a Taiwan depot. Email them back and ask for that address.

I have a PSU that has failed. It says it has a shipping weight of 3Kgs. So the freight is equal to or more the the cost of the part. A lot more it you count Corsairs return shipment of the new one.

What a complete joke. I am going to pursue through Dept of Consumer Affairs as I reckon this completely invalidates the 5 Year Manufacturer warranty that Corsair advertise all over their web site and packaging.

I have a PSU that has failed. It says it has a shipping weight of 3Kgs. So the freight is equal to or more the the cost of the part. A lot more it you count Corsairs return shipment of the new one.

What a complete joke. I am going to pursue through Dept of Consumer Affairs as I reckon this completely invalidates the 5 Year Manufacturer warranty that Corsair advertise all over their web site and packaging.

Where is that freight cost to, the USA or to Taiwan? Have you attempted to RMA it to the store first? Have you asked for other options?

Archived