Corsair Community

Not Getting Correct Speeds.

My TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G modules are operating at only 366MHz - 367MHz (CPU-Z v1.5) in my system. I'm no pro, but shouldn't it be 400MHz?

Is this normal? If not, can I fix it?

I only imagine that the old processor might be throttling it. Everything else in the system is new.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Put the modules back into the correct slots for dual channel. And, look in your BIOS (refer to your manual if needed) and find how to adjust the memory frequency manually. Set it to 400mhz, or DDR800 depending on the wording/terminology used in your BIOS.

• Corsair Employees
Yes if you can and please use CPU-Z under the memory tab to check what they are actually running at and please check both modules in the SPD tab and make sure they are showing as the same part.

I'll have to test them in another system later today. But for reference this is what CPU-Z says now:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/gbv1987/Stuff/Specs.jpg

As you can see, almost everything is normal except the DRam speeds. I'll update as soon as I can test the modules in another system.

I have discovered the problem! It is indeed a problem with my older cpu. I tested my modules in another system with the exact motherboard but newer cpu. Everything was correct except the bank cycle time was 23 instead of 22 (Easy fix?). But my currant error was weeded out.

Thank you RamGuy for your fast and helpful service!

Archived