Corsair Community

A7N8XdL Rev.2.0 &TwinX1024-3200C2P,FSB 196?

welzer

A7N8X de Luxe Rev. 2.0 Athlon 3200XP TwinX1024-3200C2PT Radeon 9600pro Antec Sonata 380W With Biossettings auto, fsb200,timings 3-3-3-8, my machine crashes after 5 minutes. Running memtest, seperatly, dual, gives many errors. Recommended settings 2,5-3-3-6, no post. I have to clear CMOS. After trying and testing for weeks I decreased fsb to 196 and everything works well, even memtest no errors for hours. I had the same problem with cheap Twinmos modules, that's why I bought this expensive 3200C2PT. But until now no FSB 200MHz. I think I have a bad pair of modules. I know the Asusboard is very tricky, but all I want is a stable system without o.c. Any help and suggestions are welcome.

• Corsair Employee
There should not be any problem at Cass 2.5-3-3-6 as long as you have a 200 FSB CPU. We can try replacing your modules if you like. Please follow the link in my signature for the RMA. However, I would suggest testing in another system, if possible!

Thanks for your quick response. Today I read the thread of DoMA. Before sending back my sticks, I am gone try these settings. B.t.w. when I look at Corsairspecifications, it looks like I have 3200C modules. Their timings are what I see in my bios. (8-3-3-3). I'll let you know if it works.

I tried the settings you supposed. Cass. 2,5-3-3-6. 2,7V. Memtest, after 1 hour no errors, and I was beginning to hope everything was ok now. Pass. 4 test 5 after 2 hours, nothing but errors. Temp. CPU. 42 C, mobo 38 C. Tried all possible Cass. settings. No succes. Only stable with FSB 196MHz.

Archived