Corsair Community

Ram not compatible

Bhall

I used the memory finder and everything but when I went to newegg I looked to see if this ram was compatible and it said it was.

I have a Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario SR1750NX.

Right now I have 2.5 Gigs of ram.

I bought two Corsair TwinX 1Gig PC3200 400HMz ram.

Everytime I throw the two pieces of ram in by itself my computer beeps and doesn't start up windows. If I put in both with other ram, it just idles and still doesn't start but no beeping.

I don't know what to do? Do I need to overclock my ram so it can handle it? I mean it's PC3200 and 184-pin.

Unfortunately, newegg doesn't have the ram on their site anymore.

It looks kinda like this :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145575

But instead the heat spreaders are white. I just really need to know whether or not I can make this ram work. If I need to do some adjusting or just plain out doesn't work with my computer :sigh!:

Thanks alot.

Thanks alot wired.

I got a real quick question though if you can help me out once more.

Luckily newegg let me send it back even though it's been well over the 30 days policy, and I'm just going to purchase a 1gig stick of ram instead considering it's pointless to invest 4G of ram into windows XP if it doesn't even let you use all 4G correct?

Have any advice on what ram to purchase or a reliable/legit site I can get it from?

Thanks alot.

I believe you would do best to run with your 2GB unless you are using programs that are greatly using the pagefile. You will lose a Dual Channel Mode, and drop to a hybrid memory read mode. So, if you don't mind a slower responding memory interface and want that extra 1GB, then you can go for it. You might well even have to drop the speed of the memory though, as often boards can become quirky when loaded with more than the full speed of a singular kit. Your board will automatically set this if necessary though.

I'm just going to purchase a 1gig stick of ram instead considering it's pointless to invest 4G of ram into windows XP if it doesn't even let you use all 4G correct?

Archived