Corsair Community

Need help running DDR2-1066 Mhz

enrolb

I have an Asus Maximus II Formula mainboard with Q9550 and no overclocking.. All BIOS set to auto for memory settings except for DRAM Freq. The memory is 2 of the Corsair CM2x2048-8500C5D XMS2-8500 2048Mb 1066 Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.10v ver2.1 09020109 DIMM. My problem is that though the memory is rated for 1066Mhz I can not get it to run successfully in MemTest with a BIOS setting of DRAM Freq of 1066. I will only work at DRAM Freq of 800. Am I missing something or is this not possible with this board? According to ASUS specs it should.

I have looked elsewhere on the forum and found some timing specs but the seem to be only for DDR freq of 800.

• Corsair Employees
I have an Asus Maximus II Formula mainboard with Q9550 and no overclocking.. All BIOS set to auto for memory settings except for DRAM Freq.

This memory requires 2.1v to operate at 1066. Have you set this voltage in the BIOS?

it was set to auto and showing 2.1 on asus probe utility, I have set it manually now and also increased the NB voltage to 1.4, and set the Ai clock twister to lighter (something i found on another site)... after one hour in memtest no errors.... going to run overnight...

will update on status then.

• Corsair Employees
Max Voltage is 2.1 Volts going over that will VOID the warranty of the modules, and you are welcome to try anything you like but I am only allowed to tell you the tested settings, just test the system with memtest.org to make sure the system is stable and try what you want.

Archived