Corsair Community

Asus P4P800 & TwinX1024-2700LL

mellodrome

Hi, I have an Asus P4P800 board and am using a TwinX1024-2700LL. I appear to be having some problems with the memory (loads of errors showing up in MemTest86 and crashes in games). I have the Legacy USB setting on "disabled". Trouble is I'm clueless on how to set up the memory timing etc. in the BIOS. My CPU is a P4 2.66 and in the BIOS (latest - 1016) I've left CPU settings on AUTO as I've no intention of overclocking, for now at least. I've also left the memory settings on "by SPD". Could someone please let me know if this RAM is fine with this board/CPU and if so, what settings would you advise (if the defaults are not ideal)? Many thanks. :):

Hi again. Ram Guy, I've done a little more testing by removing one of the pair of modules and trying different slots. Please see attached .pdf which shows some of the errors reported by memtest86. Any ideas please? Do I have a faulty TwinX? If you would like me to do anything else to help determine the cause of the problem please state in clear and simple terms :laughing:

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the timings manually to Cass 2-2-3-5 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then please test with legacy USB disabled, with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. If you get errors please test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing!

Thanks for the reply Ram Guy. I will retest the modules with the settings you've suggested tonight. I will just point out that the results shown in the .pdf file attached to my previous post *were* based on "Legacy USB" being disabled, and with the modules being tested one at a time. I'll post back what happens tonight :)

Erm, sorry but I want to be sure I use the correct settings. I'm assuming you mean as shown in the attached pic? What threw me is the order of the settings in my BIOS is different to the order shown in the (cool) [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/tech/memory_basics/153707/index.html]memory basics[/URL] presentation.... that and the way you mentioned Ras to Cas separately... Presume DRAM freq./idle time/refresh rate can all be left on AUTO? Thanks :!oops:

Ram Guy, I tried the settings you suggested last night. With both modules in place I ran memtest-86 and in five passes there wasn't a single error! Looks like you've sorted out my problem - I'm very very grateful \o/ \0/ \O/ For the first time since installing it I've also managed to play "Far Cry" without it crashing my system within the first five minutes of play. :D: Thanks again - hopefully you won't hear from me again. :biggrin:

Archived