Corsair Community

Compatability or power issue?

seaweasel

I finally built MY ultimate system and have had nothing but problems. The system boots ok. I can run in safe mode with networking indefinitely without a problem.

If I boot normally the monitor shuts off but the rest of the system continues to operate. Sometime this happens immediately, sometimes after several hours surfing. It always happens when I try to watch a DVD or run anything with heavy graphics demand. There are no IRQ conflicts, all drivers and BIOS are up to date, service pack 1 and all updates are installed, there are no hardware errors or software compatibility issues. I've tried running a single hardrive with stock fans and no ccfl or leds with the same results. In additionto the items in my configuration I have the following items installed:

D-Link 556 PCI WIRELESS NETWORK CARD

ULTRA combo floppy drive/card reader

THIS SYSTEM IS NOT OVERCLOCKED HELP

I have seen this kind of issue occur with added PCI wireless cards. Remove the card and see if the issue repeats.

As well, you do have the memory installed in the second, fourth and sixth slots?

I finally built MY ultimate system and have had nothing but problems. The system boots ok. I can run in safe mode with networking indefinitely without a problem.

If I boot normally the monitor shuts off but the rest of the system continues to operate. Sometime this happens immediately, sometimes after several hours surfing. It always happens when I try to watch a DVD or run anything with heavy graphics demand. There are no IRQ conflicts, all drivers and BIOS are up to date, service pack 1 and all updates are installed, there are no hardware errors or software compatibility issues. I've tried running a single hardrive with stock fans and no ccfl or leds with the same results. In additionto the items in my configuration I have the following items installed:

D-Link 556 PCI WIRELESS NETWORK CARD

ULTRA combo floppy drive/card reader

THIS SYSTEM IS NOT OVERCLOCKED HELP

Archived