Corsair Community

Can Someone pls point out the connector i need to use ?

Alex Cross

I have a vx 550, i recently changed from the msi p35 platinum combo to the msi p35 neo 3. I see a 4 pin JWP1 connector on the mobo (its next to the usb ports), but have no 4 pin connector from the psu, can anyone suggest something pls ?

Thank you for the reply, I have noticed the 8 pin connector you're talking about (dont have the comp in front of me right now,its at the dealers place), did you mean it can physically be split into 2 ,4pins one of which i would need, or that i need to insert only 4 of the 8 pins into the socket , if its the latter could u pls specify which four and exactly how and from which side ?

Thanks in advance

so u mean that the 8 pin splits into 4 and 4 down the middle ? Is this a sliding mechanism for removal. Are u also sure that the splitting is for this particular model ? Because the link that u posted does not look like the pins can be split , the pcie 6+2 is clearly shown as split. Sorry if this is coming off as irritating but I wont have your help when i actually go to my vendor :laughing:

• Corsair Employee
pls also tell me what to do in the remote chance it does not split

It will split right down the middle, the stock photo on the website is not of the exact connector which comes with the PSU.

Archived