Corsair Community

Dominator Airflow vibrating

okay so i got my rma back on the dominator airflow fan...and its the second day since i had the airflow fan installed...i turned on my pc again from turn off and it started to vibrate like with the old one...now aside from sending it back in which im not its it possible that when my computer turns on my evga 780i A1 motherboard is over throttling the fan speed to much and that could be causing the vibrations...both even after the motherboards throttles down the fan it still vibrates until the login screen appears in xp...i have doubl checked that the clips and screws are tight and the airflow fan is firm on the ram slots...could it be that i have it on the wrong clips...i have it place on the 3 clips closets to the cpu...any idea why its doing this??? i looked in the bios under system monitor and its shows its spinning at 5400rpm which is correct cause i think it goes to 6000rpm...200rpm per fan??? i don't mind it doing it on startup as long as it doesn't do it while the computer is on idle.

Any help is much appreciated!!

yes im sure becasue at startup when its doing it i have my case open and when i unplug the airflow fan it stops...its weird im thinking if it gets worse i will just unplug and leave it...im thinking its maybe the 3 pin fan header on my motherboard but ive had my 120mm fans on it before and they have never had a problem...im out of troubleshooting as to how to fix it...any other help is greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employees
Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday through Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "3" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com along with your RMA# and ask them if they can help you get this replaced at our expense.

i reseated the airflow fan...and its has yet to do it on startup...as far as "your expense" will u guyz pay for shipping to you and back cause i don't wanna spend 14 dollars on shipping, as at tigerdirec tthe fan costs 26.99 so its not worth it...plus i dont' wanna send it back to u if its working fine so ill test it for a few more days just in case it was not mounted right...ty for your help u will hear from me on the forum and on the phone if its not working

okay soo its been a few ays now and it still does it at startup but once i get into windows the noise is basically gone...ive read in another thread that someone else had the same problem after having it replaced and you said that u tested it their on a few motherboards and one did the same thing...you think it is just the motherboard throttling the fans to high at startup??? if it just does it at startup ill keep this one but if it starts to get worse and starts to do it once os is loaded then ill phone corsair...ty for your help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
ok so now the airflow fan is making noise all the time...i just took it out of my system and i don't know if i should rma it back again cause its another 21 dollars for me when i could get it at tigerdirect for 27 dollars...i would like to know if corsair has tested the newer airflow fan with 4 ram modules instead of 6 and would it work on the 4 dim motherboards...i don't know how to fix this one either it vibrates 24/7 now and its louder than my whole 6 case fans!

Archived