Corsair Community

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe - "System failed memory test"

ranbou

I recently purchased parts to build a new computer. I put it all together and when I turn it on I get audio that says, "System fails memory test." My motherboard is an ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE (800 MHZ FSB). My CPU is an Intel 3.0 GHZ (800 MHZ FSB). My memory is Corsair VS1GBKIT400. Should this memory work with this board? I have sent the motherboard and CPU back to be replaced (for other reasons), but I am wondering if I am going to have the same problem when I get the replacements. The computer is failing to POST and I an never even getting any video. So, I am not getting far enough to get to the BIOS to set timings. Please let me know if this memory will work with this set up or if I need to upgrade the memory. Thank you.

Dear RAMGuy, Can you please help me with this issue? My new board and CPU should be at my house when I get home today and I would like to get my new computer toghether and working. As an update, I tried each of the DIMMs seperately and tried each of them in each of the 4 DIMM sockets on the the board and all resulted in the "System failed memory test." error message. Please let me know what else to try. If you need anymore information please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the forums, ranbou! Do you have a friend's computer you could try those modules in or their modules in your computer since that set should be compatable with your setup! If they work in another system or their memory doesn't work in your's, then it's probably a DOA mainboard, but if other memory works in your board, then it's probably the modules, etc. Just trying to narrow it down for you! PLUR CK

I am happy to say the problem is solved! Unfortunately, I did not have a friends computer to test with. But, I got my motherboard and CPU back from RMA yesterday. I put it all together and it is up and running with no problems. Thanks for your help! So if anyone else wanted to know if these memory cards are compatible with this motherboard the answer is "YES!"

Archived