Corsair Community

i7 Memory Help

gmedina

Hi I'm planning to build the system as listed in my profile and trying to determine if i can use 3x(TWIN3X2048-1333C9) for 6gb instead of 2x(TR3X3G1333C9) since the price one the first now has a rebate that makes it half the cost of the second?

Basically i just want to ensure that the voltage won't be a problem and that maybe i can overclock it to 1333 with latencies in the 7 7 7 20 range. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

You are welcome to try, but none of the Twin Module Kits has been tested or validated on i7 machines. That being said, it should work fine, but be clear, there is no guarantee or support for such a move. There is the Corsair Lifetime Warranty for physical errors on the memory, but since it has not been tested or validated, there is no recourse to RMA if it does not work with machines other than i7 (Keeping in mind that the lifetime warranty for physical error still stands.

You are welcome to try, but none of the Twin Module Kits has been tested or validated on i7 machines. That being said, it should work fine, but be clear, there is no guarantee or support for such a move. There is the Corsair Lifetime Warranty for physical errors on the memory, but since it has not been tested or validated, there is no recourse to RMA if it does not work with machines other than i7 (Keeping in mind that the lifetime warranty for physical error still stands.

But this is for an i7 machine so does that mean it is guaranteed?

Is the 3 sets of 2 packs the same as 2 sets of 3 pack?

But this is for an i7 machine so does that mean it is guaranteed?

Is the 3 sets of 2 packs the same as 2 sets of 3 pack?

First, no one can guarantee running more than one pack together will work, let alone at rated specs, as they haven't been tested together.

If you want 12 GB of memory for a Core i7 system, there is only one part # for you:

HX3X12G1333C9 (12 GB kit)

The XMS Series TR3X6G1333C9 is a 12288 MByte kit of DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs built using Corsair’s high performance heat sink. This part delivers outstanding performance in the latest generation of X58 DDR3-based motherboards. It has been tested extensively in popular X58 motherboards to ensure compatibility and performance at its rated speed. This memory has been verified to operate at 1333MHz at latencies of 9-9-9-24 at 1.50V VDIMM.

First, no one can guarantee running more than one pack together will work, let alone at rated specs, as they haven't been tested together.

If you want 12 GB of memory for a Core i7 system, there is only one part # for you:

HX3X12G1333C9 (12 GB kit)

well darn.

i guess that means 2 packs of 3. that will get me 6gb which is the desired goal.

I would suggest going with TR3X6G1333C9 as the best choice for any Core I7 MB.

any reason for this one? i was planning to put in 3gb now and another 3gb later on.

is there some reason have 3 stick of 2gb is better than 6sticks of 1gb?

Archived