Corsair Community

Memtest problems - errors.

mac1as

Hello

Few days ago I bought a pair of memorys like in system spec.

First problem was when I put it to my machine, surprise motherboard didn't want to post even to BIOS, Post (hex) code was C1 (that mean incompatibile memory)I cleaned CMOS didnt help. I still have old memorys 4 x 1 GB OCZ, so I put the old one open the BIOS and changed the Voltage on mem to 2.2V like on the Dominator stickers. OK it helped (but it shouldn't be like that), I was able to run the BIOS and OS.

Now another problem was when I try to set memorys on 1066.

I did like on the stickers timings 5.5.5.15 2.20V and 1066, rest settings like CPU all voltages on default. I was able to run OS but when I try to run memtest it happed, I had over 50 errors when memtest checked 6% after that I turn off program.

I noticed that on default settings (timings on auto, 800mhz but voltage 2.20V read above) memtest shown no errors.

There is something what I do wrong, I only mention that I'm not an expert but I now something about computers.

Sorry for my english.

If you populate all four DRAM slots, then you are advised to drop the DRAM bandwidth and raise the memory controller voltage.

So, you are advised to drop the bandwidth to 800Mhz and raise the memory controller voltage +.2v.

The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits.

Q2X8G6400C4DHX

So, in summary, for all four slots being populated with 8500C5 it is advised to set to 800Mhz with 5-5-5-15 2T and 2.1v as well as Northbridge +.2v.

I don't now if uderstud you good, but You think that im running memtest with 4 sticks (two dominator and two ********)?

I try to explain it better, to run my machine with Dominators:

1. put one stick of my old memory PC2-6400 open BIOS and change voltage on 2.20V

2. take out old memory and on this place put the 2 x 1GB dominators

after that i can run bios and os

when im using memtest in my rig are only 2 x 1GB dominators (so the other two slots for RAM are empty).

OK, I understand now.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Those Dominators are Micron D9's and as such usually do better with an increase to the memory controller (NB Core Voltage) voltage by +.2v (1.45v).

These Microns will not boot a system unless they have a higher voltage set in the BIOS as they need more voltage to boot the system. So, after you have set the BIOS voltage and memory controller voltage with 1066 5-5-5-15 2T @ 2.2v with the other memory, then shut the system down and insert a single stick of memory in the first slot (Closest to the CPU).

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Shut the system down and remove the first stick inserting the second stick in the same slot. Retest with Memtest.

Results?

I don't now if uderstud you good, but You think that im running memtest with 4 sticks (two dominator and two ********)?

I try to explain it better, to run my machine with Dominators:

1. put one stick of my old memory PC2-6400 open BIOS and change voltage on 2.20V

2. take out old memory and on this place put the 2 x 1GB dominators

after that i can run bios and os

when im using memtest in my rig are only 2 x 1GB dominators (so the other two slots for RAM are empty).

I would send it back to E-Bay as bad memory. Corsair does not warrant third party purchases. Then purchase memory from a distributer so you will be warranted for the memory. I would not purchase such products from E-Bay as you stand too great a chance for being taken.

On ebay.co.uk, why You asking?

Archived