Corsair Community

crashing w/ 3 sticks

choon

Hi, I have an issue with my system that i just purchase. same spec, 6gb corsair dominator and evga x58, but my system wont even boot up with 3 stick installed. when i leave 1 stick on slot 5, it manage to boot up. Ive run through different bios setting, tested all the memory. the most i got it going was 2 stick of memory on slot 1 and 3. some times after the bios setting, the system wont even boot up. I seriously need some help. im kinda noobish at this bios thing, never had to deal with it on previously build system.

• Corsair Employees
Hi, I have an issue with my system that i just purchase. same spec, 6gb corsair dominator and evga x58, but my system wont even boot up with 3 stick installed. when i leave 1 stick on slot 5, it manage to boot up. Ive run through different bios setting, tested all the memory. the most i got it going was 2 stick of memory on slot 1 and 3. some times after the bios setting, the system wont even boot up. I seriously need some help. im kinda noobish at this bios thing, never had to deal with it on previously build system.

Please check the thread linked above at the EVGA forums. Also, please check our main Core i7 X58 MOBO thread later this week when we post the EVGA X58 settings as I think this will be your best starting point.

EVGA has finally released a new BIOS update for the EVGA x58 board. The only thing changed in this update is the addition of XMP (Xtreme Memory Profile). Below is a link for the new bios and a little info from intel on XMP.

EVGA X58 SLI - SZ1Z BIOS Released

Intel Extreme Memory Profile helps tune your performance.

Intel Extreme Memory Profile helps tune your mobile performance.

• 2 weeks later...
well, i just got my board back, same thing, try using 1,3,5 and then 2,4,6, both set up wont boot up my motherboard, it will only boot up with 1 stick on dimm 1, so any advice guy, im getting really frustrated at this point :[pouts:

Did you document the serial number of the motherboard? Sounds like you got the same board back. Where did you send the board? Manufacturer or distributor?

well, i just got my board back, same thing, try using 1,3,5 and then 2,4,6, both set up wont boot up my motherboard, it will only boot up with 1 stick on dimm 1, so any advice guy, im getting really frustrated at this point :[pouts:

In the future, I advise you to document any return as mistakes can and are made with some resultant returns being the original hardware. Can you test the memory in another computer? For the results you speak of to be repeating on a different board is strange because that is not a common issue by any means. It might well mean that you have a CPU issue.

I would document the serials on all the parts (motherboard, CPU and memory) and RMA the lot. You have already spent far too much time with this issue and I am sorry to see this happening to you. :[pouts:

didnt record the serial down, and its a distributor

well my last resort at this point is to RMA the processor, since it couldnt be the motherboard as it was replace, tested every single memory individual and it work, so lets see what happen 2 weekds from now, arghhhhh

Archived