Corsair Community

TW3X4G1800C8DF is SLI Ready Memory???

francomg

Hi,

I just bought a new pair of Corsair Dominator TW3X4G1800C8DF for my 790i Ultra board and I never thought this ram would be SLI Ready cause it doesn't say anything in the box, memory, anywherem not even in this website and SLI ready is very advertised cause you pay so much just for this label. in Bios, EPP 2.0 is detected whit this ram in the board, I disable though.

Why This Corsair Dominator kit is not advertised as SLI Ready??

By the way, great love for Corsair, very reliable ram. Had problems with other brands.

No, they are X.M.P. modules but you just have to manually set the values. There's not enough tables in the memory for both SLi and X.M.P. and there's only the one Nvidia board that takes DDR3 SLi tables. They should read fine though.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/memory/corsair-ddr3-1800-4gb/spd-s.png

So why my Bios detects EPP 2.0?? I have access to the same settings that a SLI Ready memory has. I can Disable, Auto, OC1%,OC%,OC3%,OC4%,OC5%.

So if it detects EPP 2.0 it is SLI ready, I don't understand why it's not if the board detects EPP2.0???

What is X.M.P???

• Corsair Employees
EPP SLI Ready is an Nvidia standard for Enhance Performance Profiles and works only with Nvidia chipsets. XMP is Xtreme Memory Profile and works only with Intel chipsets or memory controllers. If you BIOS is detecting the XMP profiles, they may or may not work properly. XMP is not designed to work with Nvidia chipsets so use at your own risk. I suggest you contact your motherboard maker for more information.

EPP SLI Ready is an Nvidia standard for Enhance Performance Profiles and works only with Nvidia chipsets. XMP is Xtreme Memory Profile and works only with Intel chipsets or memory controllers. If you BIOS is detecting the XMP profiles, they may or may not work properly. XMP is not designed to work with Nvidia chipsets so use at your own risk. I suggest you contact your motherboard maker for more information.

Ram Guy, The memory is working flawlessly in my computer why should I contact my motherboard maker??? Its not detecting XMP, it's detecting EPP 2.0, and that's profile for Nvidia chipsets.

Anyway I am not enabling the EPP 2.0, I set it disable so I'm not risking anything. I disable it cause I overclock my QX9650. I run my Corsair Dominator ram at 1800/1800 linked synch. Its a great ram and works very well in the 790i Ultra. Anyway this ram is 100% compatible with my board, so I guess I have nothing to worry about. Correct??

• Corsair Employees
If you are running fine on manual settings then I see no issue. However, just because your BIOS can "see" the SLI Ready EPP profile does not mean it can actually use it. It may or may not work which is why I said, if you want more information, contact the MOBO maker as it is their BIOS.

Yes that is correct you should be good to go if the system is stable.

It is very stable, this ram was tested in my board, it's 100% compatible with 790i Ultra. So if I have EPP 2.0 disabled, I don't have anything to worry about right??? I will never use that for sure.

• Corsair Employees
It is very stable, this ram was tested in my board, it's 100% compatible with 790i Ultra. So if I have EPP 2.0 disabled, I don't have anything to worry about right??? I will never use that for sure.

No, you have nothing to worry about. It most likely would not be an issue if you tried to use the EPP profile.

By the way, I contated XFX support about this weird detecting of EPP 2.0 with this Dominator kit. Let's see what they say about. Its just for curiosity, cause I won't use that, and if I was going to someday, I won't anymore after you told me that is not EPP 2.0.

• Corsair Employees
so I'm not risking anything. I disable it cause I overclock my QX9650. I run my Corsair Dominator ram at 1800/1800 linked synch.
You have a VERY fast setup with these settings anyway so no need for automated settings when you have nailed it with manual settings.

Archived