Corsair Community

TwinX2048-3200c2pt g compatability problem

n4kii

I have a Dell Dim 3000 Pentium 4 2.8G XP home with 512 ram and wanted to upgrade. In the configuration guide I found the CMX1024-3200C2PT. With these installed singly, paired or with the existing 256MB DDR-400MHZ CL3 PC 3200U-3033-0-Ao my computer never gets anything on the monitor, I hear an alert noise off the mother board and the activity light runs constantly. I have removed and installed trying anyway possible with the same result. I have install memory a dozen times and this my first failure.

Thank you,

Donn N4KII

• Corsair Employees

I'm sorry but, the Corsair Memory Finder does not recommend any XMS memory for your Dell. Your model of Dell cannot use OCing type memory. Did you get the memory recommendation from Dell?

Here are the results of a search in our Finder for the Dell Dimension 3000: http://www.corsairmemory.com/configurator/system_results.aspx?id=249987

I used the configuration lookup on the Newegg website where I ordered the memory. I looked it up again on the Newegg when it didnt work and it was still listed in the 4 pages it printed out.

Thank you for a response,

Donn

• Corsair Employees
I used the configuration lookup on the Newegg website where I ordered the memory. I looked it up again on the Newegg when it didnt work and it was still listed in the 4 pages it printed out.

Thank you for a response,

Donn

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am following up on this now.

Archived