Corsair Community

Unhappy with corsair quality/RMA process

neo_x

Hello,

I am posting further info to what happened after

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=76075

I've RMA'ed the two sticks that were giving me trouble as proven by memtest. That whole testing procedure in itself was very troublesome as the problem seemed the be very elusive and only after stringent testing was the error identified. This wasted a lot of time, and I did not get a chance to enjoy my newly built machine.

After recieving the replacement, I was not pleased to find out that I've been sent an older version of the kit (the modules I had originally were v3.2, and after RMA I recieved v2.1) due to any of the following reasons:

1. Older RMA by a previous customer, who's system was incompatible with this kit;

2. Refurbished/repaired item

3. Product is legacy now, so anything in stock works.

I need to know the following:

1. What changes have been made during 2.1 and 3.2 of these modules?

2. Did I receive an inferior product version?

3. What is the date of production/manufacture dates for v2.1 and v3.2 ?

4. How many versions have been released between between 2.1 and 3.2 ?

5. I do not want any glitches/errors/anomalies/heatup problems with my modules any more. Do you recommend that I RMA the modules again?

I would appreciate it if you can answer these to the best of your knowledge, and at your earliest. Please let me know if you cannot do this by end of play today, otherwise I'd like to speak to someone in person.

Thanks.

Further to this post, I've found out that there are even more latest versions available for this ram, and some go upto v8.1 as well. I bought the original kit back in October, 2008. While I understand that this must have been due to the local retailer having old items in stock, why did I get an even older kit after RMA ? Can I demand to know that status of the RMA from the retailer as it took more than a month to do the whole RMA process?

Version numbers have NOTHING to do with WHEN they were made. Version #s relate to what IC are used, and ICs used change frequently depending on the IC market. IC # 500000 can be available in Jan, not in Feb, and then available again in March.

1) IC changes between versions.

2) No.

3) Read above. The first 4 of the lot # state when they were made (How To Read the Memory Label)

4) Irrelevant (read above).

5) Are you having issues with your memory currently?

Did you RMA through your retailer or through Corsair?

If you need to talk to someone "in person", I'd simply call them up. They opened for the day a couple of min ago.

• Corsair Employees

And what you have stated might suggest some other issue, normally if you have a failing module you will get consistent errors in tests 1-4 and getting more random errors would suggest some other issue.

What test did you get errors on and after how many passes?

And what you have stated might suggest some other issue, normally if you have a failing module you will get consistent errors in tests 1-4 and getting more random errors would suggest some other issue.

What test did you get errors on and after how many passes?

Firstly, I think I owe an apology to corsair, and to the tech staff in general for wasting their time. Had I known that the version numbers did not relate to the the chronological order in which things are (usually) improved (Windows SP1, SP2 etc) as far as corsair memory is concerned, then I would never have bothered posting this.

My bad - please delete this thread if you think it is appropriate.

Just for info, the overall RMA process process took more than 1 month (through the retailer), and due to the version misunderstanding, I was a bit miffed.

The error was confirmed both by the vendor, and my own testing with memtest:

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showpost.php?p=386310&postcount=11

The issue manifested itself in passes > 4.

• Corsair Employees

Posting your concerns here is not an issue and we encourage our customers to do so. Also, we do not generally delete threads. Your information may be helpful to others in the future as you have resolved your complaint.

Hopefully, you'll never need to RMA another Corsair product but please remember you can RMA directly with us if needed.

Thanks for choosing Corsair and we are sorry you had the issue.

Archived