Corsair Community

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN Latency

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, has anybody managed latency timings of 6-6-6-18 at 1600Mhz on a Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 m/b?

I know AtomicMPC managed it in their magazine review of the RAM, but I think it was on a 790i chipset with the independent memory/FSB clock system.

Atomic link:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/114624,corsair-dhx-twin3x4096-1600c7dhxin.aspx

Cheers all!

I have not been able to make CL6 @ 1600Mhz even with 2.1v. I did make 7-6-6-16 1T with 1.8v.

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, has anybody managed latency timings of 6-6-6-18 at 1600Mhz on a Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 m/b?

I know AtomicMPC managed it in their magazine review of the RAM, but I think it was on a 790i chipset with the independent memory/FSB clock system.

Atomic link:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/114624,corsair-dhx-twin3x4096-1600c7dhxin.aspx

Cheers all!

Thanks DerekT for your reply!

I have managed 7-6-6-18 on bios optimised voltage which I think is running at about 1.92v, which is the standard rated voltage for the RAM sticks anyway.

I wonder why we can't utilise CL6? Even at your 2.1v!

Have you tried to keep the standard timings of 7-7-7-20 and increase the speed to 1800Mhz instead?

Cheers.

I have since moved to i7. Just because someone makes that latency doesn't mean we will. Other than that report, which I sometimes wonder at, I have not seen anyone else talking about making this grade. I could not make 1800Mhz but that stands to reason or it would have been binned at 1800Mhz. These are highly binned parts.

I don't really like these sites that report, I like going to the user sites and reading their views.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums etc. etc.

Thanks DerekT for your reply!

I have managed 7-6-6-18 on bios optimised voltage which I think is running at about 1.92v, which is the standard rated voltage for the RAM sticks anyway.

Have you tried to keep the standard timings of 7-7-7-20 and increase the speed to 1800Mhz instead?

Cheers.

• Corsair Employee

Latency must scale with frequency. CAS4 at DDR800 is very similar to CAS8 at DDR1600. So, CAS7 at 1600 is very good and is ahead of that frequency scaling. CAS6 is going to be VERY difficult due to the minimum time required for the CPU to communicate with the memory controller.

Awesome information DerekT and RAM GUY!

It is better to read actual user reviews that magazine reviews. That way you know exactly what had to be done to achieve a certain RAM speed/latency.

I had a feeling that latency is relative to the type of RAM, but its good to confirm that with you RAM GUY.

Archived