Corsair Community

Corsair XMS3 DHXDDR31333MHz 4GB CL9 problem :(

Munkeholm

hey i have a problem with my set of Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CL9

(2*2GB)

first of all they auto settings set the ram to run 1066 but i want the 1333 as i bougth them to run.

i first just changed them to 667 and i booted up, but then freeze .. i looked in the bios, and saw that the timings was 7-9-9-24

so changed them to 9-9-9-24

but it stilled freeze, i readed alot on the forum here and other sites and saw that some people had problem with Volt, so changed it to the 1,6 as said on the corsair site.

still freezing..

changed the Volt to 1,71

could't not boot.. or random freeze..

tried 1,77

now it runs great, almost.. i still had a BSOD but my system run memtest great except the BSOD.

next steep in Volt is 1,83 and i thing thats to much, so i wanna hear what you suguest i could try. dont know if my mobo is giving less volt then i set or something.

so round up..

using volt 1,77 atm timing 9-9-9-24 2N

Download and install the latest BIOS for your board. Raise your MCH +.1v.

Download Memtest Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from-->

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Then enter Windows and run CPU-z. Post a screenshot of CPU'z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

runned memtest+

atm i havent changed the MCH because im not sure what it is :)

6 times straight with no problems, so 1,77 seems working.

but aint that weird that i need to use 0,17 more then the specs. and will it be safe to use 1,77 volt ?

or can i make it run with 1,71 or even the 1,60 as the specs with upping the MCH volt ? :)

The memory is supported by a lifetime warranty of up to and including 2.0v but there is no reason to use that kind of voltage. Keep in mind that the SPec given is the tested voltage, and is NOT an absolute reference. Not all platforms can be tested as there are just too many so sometimes you need to increase the voltage a bit to gain stability. As well, your motherboard could well be undervolting by a bit.

At any rate, 1.77v is no problem whatsoever and you are warranted for life by Corsairs Warranty. MCH is the Northbridge or NB.

runned memtest+

atm i havent changed the MCH because im not sure what it is :)

6 times straight with no problems, so 1,77 seems working.

but aint that weird that i need to use 0,17 more then the specs. and will it be safe to use 1,77 volt ?

or can i make it run with 1,71 or even the 1,60 as the specs with upping the MCH volt ? :)

• Corsair Employees

1.77v is safe and keep in mind that your MOBO may be undervolting the memory. The only way to know for sure it check with a meter. As far as the other voltages, you'll simply have to experiment with them and test it for yourself.

Archived