Corsair Community

Replacing bad PSU with Corsair 1000HX will it fix my problem

fires

Here is the deal i had a Ultra x3 1000w in and i could boot up into windows and prime stable the cpu. Did memtest 2.11 and no errors found. Graphics test with just the card and no problems. As soon as i would put stress on the cpu and gpu the computer would shut down or graphic card would give red light or a hard drive would stop working locking up the computer for a little bit and then unfreeze and then freeze again. I tried moving around the memory but didnt help. Even tried another Ultra X3 1000w and still the same. When inserted a thumbdrive it would read that but when and external hd it would read it and then kick it off the system.

I had the Ultra hooked up to a 780i with 4gigs of corsair and everything else the same and no problems. Just wandering if my problem is the psu and if the corsair 1000hx will fix it as i ordered one off of newegg.

• Corsair Employees
Its hard to say if the problem is being caused by a faulty PSU, especially if you had the same problems with two different PSUs already. Its sounds like there could be a grounding issue or a short somewhere. Let us know what happens when you install the HX1000!

Thanks i will. Ive been doing a lot of research about and i guess a lot of ppl are having problems with the ultra x3 1000 on that motherboard and a HX1000 doesnt have the problems so i guess ill see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got my new PSU in Corsair HX1000 from Newegg and it fixed my problems. I ran through every test i could like prime, 3D vantage and no problems at all. I guess the Ultra X3 1000 at least the older model isnt compatible with a Asus rampage II. Thanks for all the support.

Archived