Corsair Community

TX750W Ticking Fan noise

Swordfish125

My PSU has Developed an annoying ticking sound. It appears to be the fan. Ive had the unit out of my case and had a good look, nothing seems to be catching on it or anything.

Maybe the bearing is going? Ive had the unit for 6 monthsish. It noticable when doing things such as browsing or windows tasks when the computer is pretty much idle. It is quite soft but it very annoying and distracting.

Unfortunatly im in the UK, so returning it will be a Pain in the butt and I cant really be without my puter for a great amount of time (work etc) wondering if you could help me resolve this problem.

Cheers!

Ok i stopped the Fan, No noise.

Loosened the Screw by a quater turn, noise stopped for a while came back intermittantly. I have now lossened the screws a Full turn (the guard is now quit loose0 and the noise has stopped. I dont see how loosening the screws solve the probelm if the guard/fan are held by the same screws, surely they will just move as a unit?

• Corsair Employees
Sometimes the screws can get screwed in a little too tightly and tweak the alignment of the fan enough to produce a sound. Loosening the screws can sometimes allow the fan to realign itself. If the sound comes back we can try replacing the unit for you.

• Corsair Employees
The noise would indicate any serious problem or any risk of the unit failing, however if the noise is loud enough to be bothersome then we can try replacing the PSU for you. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I tightened the screws back up this morning, so far i have not heard it again. Have left the puter on all day to see if that makes a difference. Ill keep and eye on it and if it starts again i will use the form. Were do i need to send the PSU to? Dont reall yfacny the cost of posting to the US.

Archived