Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1333C9 G Voltages?

popcorn1

I just bought this from Frys. 2x1gb, 1333, 9-9-9-24. The sticks say 1.60V ver1.2 but I read online that it's 1.7-1.8.

What is the correct voltage of this RAM? It works in my P6T Deluxe but Im afraid of going over the 1.65v maximum and damaging the CPU.

And what does the G at the end of the model number mean?

Those are the wrong modules for your i7 920 X58 system. You need triple channel DRAM that runs with 1.65v.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145221

G stands for Green = ROHS Compliant (Lead Free)

Why cant I just buy another pack and use it in asymmetrical triple channel mode? Does the RAM itself have to be triple channel RAM or is triple channel just a way that I can set up my RAM?

Please answer my question. The serial sticker says its 1333 at 1.60v but CPU-Z says the DRAM frequency is 534.5mhz. 534.5 x 3 = 1603.5. Asus Turbo V says my RAM is at 1.5v. This is crazy. I havent touched anything in bios either.

Newegg reviewers are giving mixed voltages. Some say its 1.7 and 1.8.

What are the real specs of this RAM?

Ok I went into BIOS and set the RAM at 1066 auto voltage. Now the reader is giving me 1.6v so problem solved.

Is this good RAM for the P6T Deluxe? Its under the 1.65v maximum and it's listed in the manual as supported. Would it be smarter to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145221

Theyre the same timings and speed but at 1.5v instead. Should I care?

This dual pack cost me $50 - $25 cashback. Im planning on getting another pack to run them in asymmetrical triple channel (4x1gb) mode. And yes that's possible.

Ok I went into BIOS and set the RAM at 1066 auto voltage. Now the reader is giving me 1.6v so problem solved.

Is this good RAM for the P6T Deluxe? Its under the 1.65v maximum and it's listed in the manual as supported. Would it be smarter to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145221 Theyre the same timings and speed but at 1.5v instead. Should I care?

Yes, that's fine memory for your board. They are tested for your board. The memory you currently have has been tested and validated for a different configuration. That's not to say that they won't work at 1066, but just that they were not tested and validated for your system. Also, be clear, installing different modules versions (different voltages = different DRAM fabrications) is not advised nor is it supported. In other words, if it does not work with your other modules you have no recourse to RMA unless the memory itself is errored.

This dual pack cost me $50 - $25 cashback. Im planning on getting another pack to run them in asymmetrical triple channel (4x1gb) mode. And yes that's possible.

Sure you can run them in asymetrical mode. Why you would want to is another question. Clearly asymetrical mode will not perform as well as symmetrical mode, but since you seem to want to go your own way, then why are you asking? Just do it and find out if it works well. I want my system to perform as well as it can. I don't tie anchors to my car or gaming system.

There are always those who want to buck convention and I say, all power to you, but you are not supported in this configuration and you can be certain that the memory controller will have more work to do with 4 modules than 3 and that the mode is not as functional, but hey, knock yourself out. :):

Good luck.

Archived