Corsair Community

HX1000 - Use hard wired or blue connectors for balanced power?

bubo

I have the HX1000 and am running it in an E8500 system with a gtx280 card. The system is water cooled with dual loop system and a multitude of fans. I have looked at the sticky explaining how the rails are divided. I *think* I am right in using the hard wired pci-e leads for my gcard instead of the blue connectors so that the gcard(12V2, orange in the sticky) does not compete with the cpu(12V1, red) for power. But since I have a 10W, a 18W pump and all my fans, drives etc on also on the 12V2(orange) I am asking whether using the hard wired pci-e leads is actually the best thing to do or am I better off pluging the pci-e leads into the 12V1 red sockets in the sticky?

• Corsair Employee
You should be fine with the fixed PCIE cables, that's the way I would set it up. Honestly it shouldn't make a difference either way, because we design the PSU to be able to support TRI-SLI, so load balancing should not be a concern. The only thing you do not want to do is plug one cable from 12v1 and one cable from 12v2 into the same video card, as that may not be stable and could cause a short.

Archived