Corsair Community

Need Information from Ram Guy

chinthakaru

Hi guys,

I need to know information.I am going to upgrade my memory to 8Gb.i am currently using TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF v1.1.I am going to buy another kit TWIN2X4096-8500C5D.i need to get v1.1.I know there is a possibility to tim version get diffrent version.

SO can you tell me what are memory versions has been released by corsair to this moment ?

REgards

Chinthaka

Thanks for the info.

i suppose to buy CM2X4096-8500C5D v1.1 RAM.base on the IC inquery list on forum its was displayed 1.x.my version is v1.1.

I want to know whether v1.1 compatible with v1.2,v1.3..... ?

may i know what is the latest version of CM2X4096-8500C5D RAM ?

Regards

Chinthaka

The Version integer shows the manufacturer. Version 1.xxx will work with any other Version 1.xxx of the same model and density.

Keep in mind that if you populate all four DRAM slots you are advised to drop the memory speed from 1066 to 800Mhz and raise the memory controller voltage +.2v as well.

You can't be sure of the latest version when you purchase as you can't tell what the age of their stock is and as such it is best to purchase where you can look at the actual modules and not online.

Thanks for the info.

i suppose to buy CM2X4096-8500C5D v1.1 RAM.base on the IC inquery list on forum its was displayed 1.x.my version is v1.1.

I want to know whether v1.1 compatible with v1.2,v1.3..... ?

may i know what is the latest version of CM2X4096-8500C5D RAM ?

Regards

Chinthaka

The Version integer shows the manufacturer. Version 1.xxx will work with any other Version 1.xxx of the same model and density.

Keep in mind that if you populate all four DRAM slots you are advised to drop the memory speed from 1066 to 800Mhz and raise the memory controller voltage +.2v as well.

You can't be sure of the latest version when you purchase as you can't tell what the age of their stock is and as such it is best to purchase where you can look at the actual modules and not online.

THANKS FOR THE info.

I am going to buy within next week.Can you tell me what are the majore versions released by Corsair for CM2X4096-8500C5D at this moment.(i mean v1.xx or v2.xx) ?

And there is no new version we may build any version that has been qualified at any time depending on IC availability. However there are or may be exceptions but for the most part this is true 100% of the time.

Hi RAM guy

when i cross check with other forum members who purchased TWIN2X4096-8500C5D module,they were got v2.1.If i get v2.1

is it compatible with v1.1 and v2.1 ?

And there is no new version we may build any version that has been qualified at any time depending on IC availability. However there are or may be exceptions but for the most part this is true 100% of the time.

Is that mean released only version 1.x at this moment ?

Regards

• Corsair Employees
Is that mean released only version 1.x at this moment ?

Regards

There is no way to determine this as any or all of the versions can be available at the same time. You would need to see if your retailer can tell you what version they are shipping to you.

Archived