Corsair Community

Hx1000w psu noise

davebournr

hi i bought a hx1000w psu last month as an upgrade along with a bfg gtx 295

the power supply powers my system fine but there is this sound coming from the psu which is driving me crazy it sounds like there is a cricket inside my pc

i have taken the psu out of my pc and tested it with a psu tester and the sound was still there so it is definetely the psu. i also stopped the fan from rotating with a non conductive material (a cotton bud stick) and the noise was not there when i powered the psu with the tester but when i removed the stick the noise started as the fan rotated so i assume its the fan.

is there anything i can do. i am in the uk.

thanks

• Corsair Employees

You may want to try loosening or tightening the four fan screws on the bottom of the unit about a 1/4 turn to see if you can get rid of the noise. If its still there and its loud enough to be bothersome, then lets get the unit replaced!

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

hi thanks for reply i filled out the rma form. when i posted this message i also email the retailer (overclockers.co.uk) i bought the psu from and they have replied to bring the psu back to the shop for testing. i am going to do this as its the easiest option as they are only a half mile away from my house

thanks again

Archived