Corsair Community

HX 1000 failed

majump1973

I purchased the CMPSU-1000HX thru newegg for my system. It has now failed onme three times. The first one last about a month before quitting on me. I though maybe a bad one slipped thru so I RMA'd thru newegg. The next one died on me in about 3 hours of just surfing the net! I contacted newegg and they said they could only replace it since it is past the 30 days return policy for refund. Fine. That one died on me in two days! Your website states that is it compatible with my current config with the 2 4870 crossfire. I reviewed all your forums before installing the last one to make sure their weren't any config issues and to make sure i was connecting everything right to prevent any load balanceing issues and still this PSU continues to fail on me. i try and use the tech support page on corsair and all i get is to RMA it. I have already been down that road 3 times now! I am at the point now where i would like to have my money refunded. FYI I have installed another brand name PSU of the same wattage and simular specs and have been trouble free since Jan 16th.

i have already sent to back to new egg for a replacement and after 3 fails i have zero confidence in another replacement. I would like to be able to get my money back. If you can do that then i will GLADY send you back the replacement from newegg. if not, look for it on craiglist.

Archived