Jump to content
Corsair Community

2xProblems Corsair HX1000


Adoctor

Recommended Posts

Hi

I recently purchased Corsair HX1000.

There are 2 problems I am having.

 

1 - Since its been running there is that rubber burning smell coming (been 2 days) and its bothering me, though it is a bit less than when it was new.

 

2 - I have observed 2-3 times that it shuts down. My PC is on 24/7, and 2-3 times when I checked the PC had powered off :bigeyes:

 

I have ran all tests with it 3DMark Vantage etc without issues.

The Computer is running A-OK otherwise since 2 day, on it.

The temps for CPU, GPU are all in check.

 

NEED URGENT HELP!! as I am worried because of smell or Toxic smell, got a baby coming :bigeyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

Sometimes there can be a slight break in period while the adhesives inside the unit heat up and set, and this could cause the smell. I would give it a few more days and if its still there then we can get the unit replaced for you.

 

As far as the random shut downs are concerned, there are a few possibilities:

 

1. Something is overheating, check your temps next time following a shutdown.

2. Possibly a memory problem, use http://www.memtest.org to make sure you are not getting any errors.

3. The motherboard or some other component is going out of spec and tripping the overcurrent/overvoltage protection circuits in the PSU. Try the PSU in a different system to see if you have the same problems.

4. There is a faulty component in the PSU.

 

I would go down the list and see if you can narrow down the possibilities. If it looks like there is a good chance that a replacement PSU will resolve the issues then, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...